The Workhouse seeks a Marketing Manager to join a dedicated, enthusiastic, and creative team of arts management professionals. If you seek to be part of an arts organization with tremendous growth potential this may be the position for you.
The Marketing Manager has lead responsibility for developing, coordinating, and executing the Workhouse marketing plan and programs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops an annual marketing plan that is compatible with overall organizational strategic goals and objectives which includes both earned and paid advertising.
- Develops strong working relationships with press and media representatives. Actively seeks and secures positive media coverage for Workhouse and its programs. Achieves frequent, timely, and positive media coverage for the Workhouse Arts Center and its programs across all available media.
- Plans, contracts, and executes all Workhouse advertising activities.
- Looks with a critical eye at the on-campus marketing and recommends/orchestrates appropriate changes to increase audience.
- Implements consistent brand identity across organizational departments and marketing activities.
- Oversees development and maintenance of Workhouse social media.
- Updates and monitors the website content and information.
- Manages and publishes electronic newsletters for the organization.
- Actively invites and solicits media to visit and report on Workhouse programs, events, and exhibitions.
- Collaborates with organizations leasing space at the Workhouse to develop a synergistic marketing effort whenever appropriate.
- Conducts regular market research to understand and relay to management, the success level of annual marketing plan and activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA degree in marketing, arts management, or related field.
- 3+ years marketing management experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to oversee an organization-wide and comprehensive marketing program.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases.
- Technical marketing skills in the area of print design and production, advertising, direct mail, earned media, social media, online marketing, and public relations.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Constant Contact, and WordPress beneficial.
- Not-for-Profit experience preferred.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Holidays
HOURS: Full Time, Business hours. Position requires hours outside regular hours to include weekends and evenings depending upon marketing-related events and activities.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary range to RECRUITMENT@WORKHOUSEARTS.ORG.