The Marketing Manager has lead responsibility for developing, coordinating, and executing the Workhouse marketing plan and programs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing all marketing activities for the Workhouse Arts Center and marketing activities for all related programs and activities.
- Develops an annual marketing plan that is compatible with overall organizational strategic goals and objectives which includes both earned and paid advertising.
- Plans, contracts, and executes all Workhouse advertising activities.
- Looks with a critical eye at the on-campus marketing and recommends/orchestrates appropriate changes to increase audience.
- Implements consistent brand identity across organizational departments and marketing activities.
- Develops, orders, and distributes all Workhouse marketing materials.
- Oversees development and maintenance of Workhouse social media.
- Updates and monitors the website content and information.
- Manages and publishes electronic newsletters for the organization.
- Develops and maintain marketing data base(s).
- Develops strong working relationships with press and media representatives. Actively seeks and secures positive media coverage for Workhouse and its programs. Achieves frequent, timely, and positive media coverage for the Workhouse Arts Center and its programs across all available media.
- Actively invites and solicits media to visit and report on Workhouse programs, events, and exhibitions.
- Collaborates with organizations leasing space at the Workhouse to develop a synergistic marketing effort whenever appropriate.
- Coordinates reproduction and printing needs related to marketing.
- Prepares, obtains approval for, and executes budget for marketing activities.
- Drafts, publishes, and distributes Workhouse annual report (close of fiscal year).
- Conducts regular market research to understand and relay to management, the success level of annual marketing plan and activities.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes the internship program at the Workhouse.
QUALIFICATIONS , EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA degree in marketing, arts management, or related field.
- 3+ years marketing management experience.
- Technical marketing skills in the area of print design and production, advertising, direct mail, earned media, social media, online marketing, and public relations.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Constant Contact, and WordPress beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases.
- Proven ability to oversee an organization-wide and comprehensive marketing program.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong inter-personal relationship skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Not-for-Profit experience preferred.
- Building trust, valuing others, communicating effectively, driving execution, fostering innovation, focusing on the customer, collaborating with others, solving problems creatively and demonstrating high integrity.
- Maintaining professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establishing and maintaining effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Understanding of and commitment to the value of arts and arts education.
BENEFITS : Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, Holidays
HOURS: Full Time, Business hours. Position requires hours outside regular hours to include weekends and evenings depending upon marketing-related events and activities.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least 3 professional references to RECRUITMENT@WORKHOUSEARTS.ORG.