- This event has passed.
Auditions: The Full Monty
January 20 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pmFree
The Full Monty
Venue and Rehearsals:
Workhouse Arts Center
Building W-3 Theatre
9518 Workhouse Way (Building 3)
Lorton, VA 22079
For questions: PerformingArts@WorkhouseArts.org
Directed and Choreographed by Jeffrey Davis & Mary Omohundro
Music Direction by Chelsea Majors
Performance Dates: April 13-May 19, 2019
Time: Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2pm
Sunday January 20, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (doors open to sign-in at 12:30 pm) Monday, January 21, 7:30pm – 9:30 pm (doors open to sign-in at 7:00 pm)
Sunday, January 27, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (doors open to sign-in at 12:30 pm)
NO APPOINTMENTS MADE OR NEEDED, first come, first seen
Monday, January 28, 7:30 pm
TBD, Rehearsals to commence early to mid-February, and will be primarily weekday evenings and weekend daytimes, expecting 2-4 rehearsals per week, depending on role.
Please bring all rehearsal and performance conflicts to the audition. Conflicts will be considered final. No other conflicts will be accepted.
All roles open and paid per performance at non-union compensation rates.
All ethnicities and body types are encouraged to audition.
Prepare two contrasting songs in the style of the show. You may be asked to sing approximately 24 bars of each. Accompanist will be provided.
Bring a current headshot and resume.
We will be casting one twelve year old boy. PARENTS: PLEASE RESEARCH THE SHOW CONTENT BEFORE auditions. Parents should also be aware that “The Full Monty” contains partial nudity (by the adult actors), and language. Note the movie is Rated R for language and differs from the play in significant ways. This character sees and hears adult-themed content and, critically, drops the f-bomb.
**Interested musicians or theatre technicians please contact:
These positions are also compensated per performance at non-union rates.
* JERRY LUKOWSKI, a recently divorced, unemployed mill worker. Age: 25-40, Tenor
NATHAN LUKOWSKI, his young son. Age:10-14, non-singing
PAM LUKOWSKI, his estranged wife. Age:25-40, Mezzo-Soprano
TEDDY SLAUGHTER, her live-in boyfriend. Age: 25-45, non-singing
* DAVE BUKATINSKY, an overweight, unemployed mill worker. Age:25-40, Tenor
GEORGIE BUKATINSKY, his wife. Age:25-40, Mezzo-Soprano
* HAROLD NICHOLS, Jerry & Dave’s former supervisor-turned-choreographer. Age:35-60, Baritone
VICKI NICHOLS, his wife. Age: 30-55, Mezzo-Soprano
* MALCOLM MACGREGOR, a kind homosexual man who lives alone with his sick mother. Also a part-time security agent. Age: 30-40, Tenor
MOLLY MACGREGOR, his ailing mom. Age 60-80, non-singing
* ETHAN GIRARD, an unemployed mill worker. Simple-minded but kind. Homosexual. Age: 25-35, Tenor
* NOAH (HORSE) T. SIMMONS, a retired mill worker; African-American. Age: 40-60, Baritone
JEANETTE BURMEISTER, a piano player of indeterminate years. Age: 40-60, Alto
* BUDDY (KENO) WALSH, a very handsome male stripper with an effeminate personality. Age: 21-32, non-singing
REG WILLOUGHBY, an unemployed mill worker. Age: 30-50, non-singing
TONY GIORDANO, a Buffalo club owner. Age: 35-55, non-singing
ESTELLE GENOVESE, Jerry’s occasional girlfriend. Age: 25-35, Alto
SUSAN HERSHEY, a friend of Pam & Georgie’s. Age 30-40, Alto
JOANIE LISH, a friend of Pam & Georgie. Age: 30-40, Alto
MINISTER, Age 35-65, non-singing
POLICE SERGEANT, Age 30-50, non-singing
* denotes roles that involve partial nudity