Workhouse Arts Center is pleased to invite graduate-level artists to submit project proposals for an exhibition in the gallery,
Art Lab, during 2019. Exhibition proposals should reflect an expansion of the artist’s practice and can reflect work that will
be created for the exhibition or work that is already complete.
Proposals will be accepted from artists working in any media. Artists may apply as an individual or with a collaborative
group presenting a singular idea. All artists must be currently enrolled in an MFA program at the time of application to
qualify for an exhibition in Art Lab. The artists will have access to tools and hardware; however, Workhouse Arts Center
does not provide financial support for shipping. installation, travel, honorarium, or extensive labor support for Art Lab
exhibitions. The Exhibitions Director will provide support to the selected artists to assist with installation logistics, editing of
exhibition texts and standard promotion.
Each exhibition will be on view for an 8-week period. Exhibition receptions will be held on the Second Saturday of the
month from 6:00 – 8:00 pm for each exhibition.
Exhibition Proposal Guidelines
1. Project Description: In one page or less, clearly describe your exhibition concept and all elements involved.
2. Checklist: Please provide information about each artwork considered for inclusion in the exhibition, including: artist, title,
date, medium, dimensions, installation components. It is expected that all participating artists and/or groups have been
contacted and expressed interest in participating.
3. Images: Please include 5 –15 images of works included or representative of what will be included. For time-based work,
please include video samples or links.
4. Installation plan: Describe how the exhibition would be installed in the Workhouse Arts Center Art Lab. Clearly list all
spatial needs, technical and equipment requirements, specific installation considerations, and an outline of shipping
5. Programming: Describe any additional programming (performances, talks, etc.) that you are interested in including with
6. Exhibiting artist information: Provide bios and/or statements for all exhibiting artists and/or curators.
Gallery Measurements & Specifications
▪ 22 ft (length) x 8 ft (width)
▪ Wood floor
▪ Vaulted Ceiling
▪ Drywall with Studs
▪ Wall height approximately 8 ft.
▪ Track Lighting