Workhouse Fine Arts Festival, 2016
Saturday September 10, 11am – 7:30pm and Sunday September 11, 11am – 5pm, 2016.
The Workhouse Arts Center is proud to announce the 2nd annual Fine Arts Festival with more than 120 artists including 65 from around the nation and 60 resident artists on a repurposed historic campus.
“Show of the Month”
Art Fair Calendar, 2015
Deadline: May 22, 2016 – EXTENDED TO MAY 25, 2016
Entry Instructions: Open to all artists 18 years and older. All works must be original artwork, no reproductions may be sold and no mass produced objects.
Entry Fee: $25. Booth Fee (after acceptance):
$250 for a 10x10 space.
$500 for a 10x20 space.
- Precious metal/jewelry
- Mixed media
“Great setting!” 2015 artist
- Located in Northern Virginia in Fairfax County, ranked 5th wealthiest and 3rd best county in America (Forbes Magazine and MOVOTO Real Estate.)
- 20 minutes south of Washington D.C.
- On the grounds of the Workhouse Arts Center, a 55 acre historical location and Northern Virginia’s premier center for the visual and performing arts.
- An established arts destination with annual attendance of 100,000 visitors.
- Already home to over 60 working studios artists, regional, national and international exhibitions and performances serving Greater Washington D.C. region.
- The Workhouse is partners with the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, George Mason University and other outstanding organizations.
“Couldn’t ask for more [amenities]. One of the staff even brought my Saturday lunch to me as I couldn’t get out of my booth!” 2015 artist
- All corner booths.
- Free car, truck and RV parking.
- Friday afternoon and Saturday morning set up available.
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch provided for participating artists.
- 24/7 security and booth sitters.
- NEW – Drive up and unload on site (no long distance dollying).*
- NEW – Free wireless internet for vendors.
- NEW – Potential free housing with Host Artists from the Center.
“All my customers said they heard about the show from your advertising – fantastic job!” 2015 artist
- You will be there – It’s juried to include only the best fine art and fine crafts. No commercial/mass-produced/buy/sell allowed.
- Free parking and Entry for Visitors.
- Great food from the area’s best vendors and specialty food tucks.
- Extensive media coverage and cross promotion of the event by marketing professionals.
“Excellent [art]. Nice variety and balance of mediums.” 2015 artist
Juror: Juried by Catriona Fraser, Director of the Bethesda Fine Arts Festival, Director of the Fraser Gallery, Chair of the Trawick Prize and former President of the Art Dealers Association of Greater Washington as well as Brett John Johnson, Workhouse Director of Visual Arts and former exhibits specialist at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington DC, Gallery Director at VisArts at Rockville, Maryland and Studio Program Manager at the Delaware Museum of Art.