With approximately 90 artists, juried into the program, the Artist Program is well established and the best known program at the Workhouse. 60+ artists have studios at the Center and 25+ share the Arches Gallery. Studios are priced moderately and provide a much loved creative community. The following information is for artists interested in renting a studio, or being an Arches Gallery or Resident artist at the Workhouse. Artists benefit from being part of a collaborative and learning environment in the greater metropolitan Washington region. Shared values of artists in the program include:
• Utilizing a unique workspace to create art
• Creatively growing within a community of artists
• Continuing to learn the business of art
• Producing sales of artwork
• Gaining professional visibility.
All artists in the Program are considered Artists at the Workhouse. Click here for a full statement of policy for the Artists program.