Madhaunter’s Madhouse Haunted Trail
Virginia’s scariest haunted attraction returns to the Workhouse for a new year of screams and scares! Madhaunter’s Madhouse is an indoor and outdoor maze of terror that will have you jumping out of your skin at every turn, complete with heart pounding scares and custom made special effects. Come visit Madhaunter’s Madhouse and experience the madness for yourself!
Proceeds from the haunted trail support the visual arts, arts education, performing arts, and history programs of the Workhouse Arts Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
This year we’re excited to add Tales from the Grave, free movies nights on the Workhouse baseball field! Friday and Saturdays feature scary double-features on our gigantic movie screen, with a single feature film on Sunday nights. You’ll also find food trucks, free photo booth, outdoor Light Up Games (Bocce Ball, Cornhole), and (for our guests aged 21+) a fully stocked bar to help you calm your nerves! Learn more about Tales from the Grave on Facebook.
If you enjoy our event, please leave us a glowing review on social media!
- Park anywhere on campus and proceed to the baseball field at the South end of campus to buy tickets, check in, and get in line.
- The haunt is recommended for ages 13 and older
- Admission is $20 per person
- Madhaunter’s Madhouse 2017 Dates
- On-site ticket sales end 30 minutes before closing OR when tickets sell out
- Fridays and Saturdays in October, 11pm closing; Sundays and Halloween, 10pm closing
- October 20 / 21 / 22
- October 27 / 28 / 29 / 31
Check our Facebook page (@workhousearts) with information about the operating status of Madhaunter’s Madhouse. This can include:
- Regular Operations: the haunt will open at 7p.
- Moist & Muddy: Madhaunter’s Madhouse is an indoor and outdoor maze of terror. The grass and ground may be wet, there’s likely to be some mud, and you should definitely dress with the weather and your own comfort in mind. Be sure to wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Depending on the amount of moist & muddy, hours of operation may be adjusted for everyone’s safety.
- CLOSED: The weather has made the event too unpleasant or dangerous for our volunteers and guests.