- This event has passed.
Open Call: Creative First Responders Exhibition
November 22, 2019 - February 1, 2020
Creative First Responders Exhibition: Art Therapist Reflections on Veteran Clients
Exhibition proposals should reflect an expansion of the artist’s practice and can include work that will be created for the exhibition or work that is already complete.
We seek artworks created by Licensed Art Therapists and graduate level art therapy students working as clinical mental healthcare providers to the military veteran population. Artwork can reflect any aspect of the therapeutic relationship between clinician and Veteran, including: the process of art psychotherapy; the developed sense of safety, trust and military cultural competency to provide effective care; transference/countertransference and compassion fatigue; and the overarching healing and emotive nature of art making for both veteran and art therapist. Licensed and/or provisionally Licensed Art Therapists (ATR, ATR-BC, ATR-P) and graduate level art therapy students are encouraged to apply.
Proposals will be accepted that include artwork in any media. Artists may apply as an individual or with a collaborative group presenting a singular idea. The Exhibitions Director and team will provide support to the selected artists to assist with installation logistics, editing of exhibition texts and standard promotion.
Exhibition Proposal Guidelines
1. Artworks: You may submit 3 – 5 artworks / installations for consideration. 2D artworks only, as unfortunately the gallery is not suitable for 3D artwork.
2. Images: Please include images of each of the works you would like to include.
3. Artwork Information: Please provide Title, Year of Completion, Medium, Dimensions and Price (if applicable).
4. Artist Information: Please provide an artist statement and artist biography.
5. Installation plan: Please describe how the artwork would be installed / displayed in the gallery. All artwork must be suitably mounted, framed or sides cleanly finished. The artwork must have hanging wire attached firmly to the back (D rings and claw hooks not preferred).
Gallery Measurements & Specifications
32 feet in length x 6 feet in width
Wall Height approximately 9 feet
Drywall with Studs
Eligibility: Artists who are employed as Licensed Art Therapists and Graduate Level Art Therapy Students
Exhibition Dates: March – June 2020
Application Deadline: February 1, 2020